Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Dedication Writing .....

I just got a manuscript back from my editor so I could run through the final edits, make any last minute changes and send it back ready for its release early July.

I could also put in a 'dedication' - so far I have managed to come up with either a thank you to my wonderful beta readers, the grounding I got from my parents or something that suited the novel.

I was wracking my brains trying to come up with something for this one.  I have written five so far and scratched them all out.

I wonder how many other authors have difficulty thinking of something witty or just interesting with each book.

In one of my books I wrote part of "Little Red Riding Hood" as the dedication - mainly because of the characters in the book.  This time I wanted something different.

I finally came up with 'A very big thank you to all the chocolate and coffee consumed in the writing of this novel - without you it would have still been written but not as deliciously …'
 

No comments:

Post a Comment