Thursday, July 03, 2014

GUEST AUTHOR: Peyton Brittany Clarke

 Time to say hello to another author friend.  This time it is Peyton Brittany Clarke.  Peyton's book - The Ferae - Blood Bond is out now.

Let's learn a little about her ....

Peyton tell us about yourself.
I live in Michigan or as we like to call it humidity central.  My husband and I are happily married (he's my hunky male) who offers advice on my writing of the male characters in order to make them more realistic.  Thanks hun!!

I spend way too much time writing and not enough tending to more poor neglected husband (sorry hun!).  But then again, you guys benefit from it and I absolute love it and my husband gets to interfere--I mean help me more. 

 What genre(s) do you write in and why?
I write generally in the area of Erotic Romance with the sub genres being in menages be it contemporary, paranormal, futuristic or whatever else that tickles my fancy.

How many books have you written? Do you have a favorite?
So far I've had only one published but I hope to have two more out this year.  My favorite has got to be my first book Blood-bond because I so adore all three of these characters.  The guys are hot, and the heroine is so cool.  I created a world I wouldn't mind living in.  Though it may be dangerous without the right Alpha.

Tell us about your current series/WIP.
Again I was watching the Science Channel and they were showing a marathon on the planets and outer space and then wham I got this really cool idea for a series about this guy who works in outer space but wants to take his love with him but how does he do it?  Plus they like their love a little spicy too, so it adds to the mix since he's in charge of the ship.

What inspired your latest book?
Always, hot guys and watching a lot of documentaries about Afghanistan and the war in Iraq. 

Where do you get the ideas for your stories?
I get so many of my ideas for stories just by watching tv, the movies or pictures and I see a good looking guy and I think hello, who are you?  And then I actually sit and think about what kind of life he has then I find the woman or man who loves him. 

What is your favorite part of writing?
When I am in the zone and the story is just flowing especially in the final editing phase before submission.  That's when I'm least stressed.

What is your least favorite part of writing?
Staring at blank pages and when an idea is on the page and there is nothing else after it.  I hate it!

What is most difficult for you to write? Characters, conflict or emotions? Why?
The most difficult for me is emotion.  Because they are often so hard to decide.  During intense times in a persons life, they are not always feeling one emotion.  Sometimes there are different ones all jumbled up inside of them and I find myself peeking inside the characters minds picking through their various feelings in order to find out what's going on.  And then describe them, that's when it get's really hard.

Are you a plotter or a pantser?
I write by the seat of my pants!  Hold on and close your eyes cause I have no idea where we're going and it might be scary until I get there.  But once I do, I generally go back and map out the journey. 

 Tell us about your hero. Give us one of his strengths and one of his weaknesses.
Since it is an MMF menage.  There are two heroes in this story.  First there is Colton McClain.  He is a CIA agent who is better out in the field than he is at home.  He is half human and half ferae (a new subspecies of Homo Sapiens that has been living among mankind for millenia).  His desire to be normal is at odds with his own Ferae physiology which is demanding that he mate and become the alpha male he was born to be.

Then there is Jarrod Stevens.  A CIA agent who is a purebred alpha male who is equal in every way to his spouse except that Colton 'outranks' him in their society because he (Colton) is genetically superior.  (They can sense sickness, disease, health, vitality, genetic strength or abnormalities via their keen sense of smell. And Colton is stronger than he in-- his oozes through his pores.)  Jarrod is a rogue alpha married to another alpha and a female.  And because they are Ferae this marriage combination means they will not be able to fully bond and claim one another so they can mate and reproduce.  This puts all of their lives together.  The problem is, Jarrod loves his wife and will not leave her and worse off he has fallen in love with Colton.  A man he is not supposed to love.

Tell us about your heroine. Give us one of her strengths and one of her weaknesses.
Lizzie is a strong woman with a shady past.  She is a like a lioness.  On her own, she can hunt and fend for herself but as soon as she is with her husbands she becomes a timid kitten in need of protection.  And it turns out for very good reason!

What genres are you drawn to as a reader?

Lately I have been drawn to MMF not matter the subgenre.


Thanks Peyton, I appreciate you taking time to tell us a little about yourself and your writing.

If you would like to learn more about Peyton and read her books here are her links.






No comments:

Post a Comment